Saturday, July 2, 2011

Last couple of thoughts

Today is July 2nd! I can't believe we're already into the month of July! I want to just say a couple things before I head out and don't know when I'll beable to post on here again.  First, a couple updates of what my day has looked like this past week:

This past week has been such a blessing. It's been so relaxing and it's been wonderful to be back home at Albergue! We live here when we don't have teams.  One of the days that we were here we took a bus to Helping and had a 6 hour meeting and then went to Pizza Hut after that.  Another day before Vicky and I moved back to Albergue, some of the kids from the dump came over and we played with them at the park and then took them back home. That was really special.  Yesterday Bethy and I went up the water tower and sat on the second floor and had our devotions.  We sat up there for 3 hours and just talked, journalled and prayed for eachother and it was so refreshing. I also went to the Daycare to hang out with some of my girlies yesterday. Those kids are my heart. I love going there and just holding them and letting them know that they are loved.  On Monday some of the other interns and I are taking 5 of the kids from the daycare (these are kids from the dump) out to get ice cream. That's going to be a really special time I think.  Then we're going to take them to Albergue to play for a while.  Yesterday was also Canada's independance day and Jereme (one of the interns here) is Canadian and so he made us all dinner. It was delicious. Afterwards we had worship together with our whole family and then went to bed.  What a wonderful day.

Today I got up early so I could go to the one corner of Albergue and get the internet to post all these things on my blog.  And around 2, some of us are going back to the Daycare to play with the kids and update all of their pictures so that we can send them to their sponsors. One of the things that always breaks my heart when I go to the Daycare is to see the kids who aren't sponsored look into the windows from the outside with longing eyes.  They can't come in and join us because they aren't sponsored.  The best thing though, is getting to go outside and play with those kids after the inside part of the Daycare is over. 

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and taking the time to read my blog! I wish I could be more consistant, but I have to do first things first.  You are all such a blessing to me!

Much love from Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment