Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 26th - Back to Lima; I love you PA!

Our team this past week was the best.  They all had such kind, servant hearts and I really enjoyed getting to know each one of them personally. We had such a well rounded group and they're going to be hard to compare with.  I already miss them. 

Vicky and I took another trip back to Lima to drop off our team from PA.  We had a night trip on the bus to Lima so we left around 9 or 10pm and got to Lima at 5:30 in the morning. I slept 3 or 4 hours on the bus and that was my sleep for the night.  We got to the Ittza bus station and met Jose who came to pick us all up, put us on the Linea bus and go to the airport to drop our team off.  We waited forever at the airport, but we finally said our goodbyes and left to go to church with Jose, Luzcio and Juan Diego.  It was crazy saying goodbye because it felt like it was just yesterday that we met them at the airport and now we're like family.  It's crazy how God connects people through His Spirit like that in such a short period of time.  I thank God for every moment that He gave me with PA. What an awesome encouragement they were.

After we said goodbye we went to the Alliance church in Lima. It's huge. They now have to have 5 services because their 3rd service has 3,000 people that come to it!!  Vicky and I were falling asleep in church because we got such little sleep on the bus the previous night.  But after church we walked around Lima and found a place to eat lunch.  We ate Pollo saltado and then I tried my first Ceviche.  Peruvian food is the best and I can't wait to live in Chicago because I've heard that there's some great Peruvian places to eat there. Anyways, Ceviche is raw fish that is marinated in Lime juice with spices. It might not sound good, but it is one of the best things I've had here. It's delicious.

We took our 8ish hour bus ride back home to Trujillo at 1 and were almost late for the bus because we were eating lunch.  We literally ran down the street to catch our bus. We made it back home safe and sound and now we have a little over a week to recoop and do whatever! It'll be nice to have some free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment