Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 14th, a time of questioning

It was on this day that I began questioning why God had brought me to Peru.

I'm reading back in my journal and will share some thoughts and prayers:

"The days go by really fast here.  At times I absolutely love being here in Peru and I never want to leave, and other times I question the reason why God has brought me to this place.  In these times of questioning I have realized the importance of trusting the Lord.  Being here in Peru isn't an accident, and I know that the Lord has told me that His plans are to prosper and not to harm me; but sometimes I get anxious not knowing what those plans are and what to expect."

"I have realized even moreso that I connect best to God through His Creation.  I love being outside, and even though it's much different than I expected here with all the sand (there is literally sand everywhere I look. I live in the desert and am surrounded by sand dunes!) and weird desert plants, I love getting up in the mornings to go early and sit on the roof and feel the morning breeze on my face as I look out at the vast Andes mountains and sometimes catch a sunrise."

"Lately, I have been able to see God through the beauty of people.  Not only their physical beauty (every Peruvian that I've ever met is physically beautiful!) but their inward beauty, as I have gotten to know many, many people that I never knew prior to coming to Peru. The cultural differences here are also beautiful.  It is such a loving and genuine culture."

From Galatians:

I am known by God.
I am a child of Promise.

5:1 "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery."

5:13-15 "For you were called to freedom, brothers, only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love, serve one another.  For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another."

Both of these passages are wonderful reminders both for me, and for all of you back home. Stand firm. Serve one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment