Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 20th

Today was the first day that I talked on the phone with Mom and Dad since I've been here. It was wonderful to catch up on life back home and update them on mine. I got to wish Dad a Happy Father's Day and they got to wish me a Happy Birthday...perfect timing.

Tonight at debrief we had everyone share about the reason why they think that God has brought them to Peru, why did they come down here, what were their intentions? As we went around the circle, it was beautiful to watch as God began to break hearts and tears began to roll down faces.  This was also the first time that I had cried in a month. It was a beautiful time of connecting to my team and so refreshing.  At this point in the week we have had our ups and downs...or maybe I should say our downs and ups since that's the order that things have happened. The first day of construction we had a little bit of difficulty because the first two days that our team was down here were chill days and we just rode the bus into Trujillo and then on Sunday went to church and then to Huanchaco to go to the beach.  So the first construction day was a little rough.  But even in day number 2 of construction we saw such a great improvement in attitude and encouragement from the team towards eachother. It was great and the 3 of us interns couldn't have asked for a better team! I'm excited to see what God has instore for this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment